Teambluegrass has decided to offer a team coupon code on Etsy. When you purchase from one of the participating shops just enter coupon code BLUEGRASS10 to receive 10% off your order. This code is valid until June 30th. There will be new codes quarterly and the shops that participate will change so check the blog often for updated codes and shop links. Here is the current list with links to shops using the coupon.
Our Bluegrass Etsy April giveaway is sponsored by Kim Ries of Creative Eye Studio. This month you can pick your own prize!
Knowing that everyone has their own preferences, I decided to let the winner
choose their favorite pair of earrings from the Creative Eye Studio shop.
So tell me which you will choose if you win! What is your favorite?
Prize: One pair of earrings of your choice
Value: Up to $19
How to win:
1. Visit theCreativeEyeStudio Etsy Shop and leave a comment here about any of the items in the shop. Or tell us which pair you would pick if you are the winner.
2. Follow the Bluegrass etsy team blog if you are not already a follower. Let us know you are following by commenting below. (one chance to win)
3. Subscribe to the Bluegrass etsy emails from this blog if you are not already a subscriber. Let us know you have subscribed in a comment below. (one chance to win)
4. Post about this contest on your own blog and leave us the link below for your blog. (one chance to win)
5. Tweet about this contest from your twitter account and leave us your twitter name. (one chance to win)
6. Make a purchase from CreativeEyeStudio for 3 chances to win. List the transaction ID in three separate comments below.
This contest will end at midnight on April 30th. The giveaway for this month is open Worldwide.
To find more handmade items from the Bluegrass Etsy Street team simply log into Etsy and search "teambluegrass."
My flower feel apart from the cold weather so I borrowed a picture from the internet. I wanted to talk about bloodroot because it's one of the earliest blooming plants and much of the supply of this herb comes from eastern Kentucky. It's unusual because the flower appears before the leaf. It likes moist rich soil and grows easily in areas like the Daniel Boone National Forest where there is rich leaf litter to nourish it.
Bloodroot is a low dose medicinal and is used as an expectorant in cold formulas. It's caustic to the skin and can actually kill skin cells. This makes it useful in treating skin cancer and is a common ingredient in black salves. Fresh root juice, which is blood red, can be applied directly to skin tags and warts. I have even had luck applying the extract to a freshly forming skin tag. The skin tag dried up and fell off in a few hours. Bloodroot extract is also included in some commercial toothpastes because it prevents tartar from forming on the teeth.