5.07.2009

Feature Friday! SewcutebyKatie


For this first edition of feature friday I wanted to feature one of our brand new team members,SewcutebyKatie! Katie is real sweet, she lives in Louisville, Kentucky and she sews the cutest kids stuff, her shop name aint lyin'!

Here goes our interview:

So Miss Katie, tell us all about yourself? I am 34, married with two boys ages 3 and 6 and have lived in Louisville all my life. I am actually in between jobs (gotta love the economy) but hoping to get a new job soon as a Recruiter for an insurance company. I have been in the insurance business for the past 10 yrs but I love to sew.

How did you get started Crafting? I started sewing as a kid and took some lessons in middle school and I was always crafting something. In college is when my skills really improved because I worked for an alterations shop and a costume shop and was around people who could show me the "right way" to do things. I have a home sewing business doing alterations, monogramming and some home decor stuff. I love to make stuff and if I can make some money doing it great!

Whats a "Normal" day like in your life? Currently my days are filled with sewing (mostly alterations) while I'm in the job transistion but when I have "day job" I do everything in the evenings and weekends when I have free minute so it usually gets pushed to Saturdays.

Whats your favorite thing about Kentucky?My favorite thing about Kentucky is the weather because we have 4 seasons although I wish it were more like 3, could do without the really cold weather.

And the big question, did your horse win the Derby this year? And no my horse did not win the Derby, probably bet every horse but the one that won but I had great seats for the first time ever so I didn't care! lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~***********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie has a very good selection of adorable baby things in her shop, handmade bibs, burp cloths, the cutest appliqued onesies for boys and girls too! I wish I could have found her shop when the boys were little all those YEARS ago, you know how hard it is to find cute stuff for boys! Well she has VERY cute stuff for boys.
Click on any picture to go to her shop, or the links above.

Thanks so much Katie for being our first feature! Check us back next friday for more!



You can subscribe to our RSS feed, or you can look in the top right hand corner and we now have an option for you to subscribe via your ** email!** Yes you can get all that~teambluegrass~ goodness delivered right to your inbox the minute we make a new post, it just takes a minute to sign up and you never have to miss any exciting team action again!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Great shop, Katie! Sew cute!

RileysMom3 said...

We love Sewcute by Katie! I am thrilled to see her here at Bluegrass Etsy! Katie outfitted my nursery, by far my favorite items and the ones I've saved in Riley's hope chest. We are loving Katie's new applique tee's - pink monkey!! And Riley is all about the new headbands - my daughter has been in Sewcute since birth, we plan on growing up Sewcute!!

thanks Katie!

Deana Adkins
RileysMom3

WhimsybyMari said...

Katie what an adorable shop. I am really hoping to have the reason to purchase cute kid clothes in the next little bit. Grandkids! No one panic:)

Unknown said...

Very cute shop! The kiddie stuff is just too cute!

KimberlyRies said...

Great feature Libby and great shop Katie! Glad you are a part of the team and hope to meet you sometime soon!

3 Magpies said...

Love the feature article, Libby. The shop is such a nice addition to the team!

MoMo's Bows said...

Love your onesies!! They are adorable!
Stephanie