10.30.2009

Feature Friday: Angela Latham - Spool of Plenty

Today we feature the sewing skills of Angela Latham of Spool of Plenty. Angela has lots of knowledge and tips about etsy forums and chatrooms and is a great help to our Bluegrass etsy team. She has traveled a great distance to attend our team meetings. We are happy to have her!


How did you first hear about etsy?

My sister in law in Florida told me about etsy.

Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!

I don't know that I could pick a favorite! I really Enjoy sewing and embroidering right now but I dabble in other things too on the side.


How did you get started as a designer?

My Grandmother was always sewing and quilting so I guess I picked it up from her. I took some classes in High School and went on to graduate from Western Kentucky University with a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I use my free time to make things to put in my shop and give out as gifts.


What inspires you to create?

Colors and Fabrics. I constantly have ideas for all kinds of things bouncing around in my head! Sometimes it can get overwhelming!

How long have you been a member of Bluegrass etsy and how did you hear about the team?

I think I signed up for the team in September of 2008. I was on the etsy team page when I saw there was a group in KY. I have been to two team meetings now and it really helps me stay motivated.

Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?

Do what makes you happy. Make your own unique style and stand out!


Anything else you would like to add?

Shop Local when you can to support small stores and the Handmade world!



***************

Thanks Angela for letting us learn a little more about you!

To see more of Angela's creations, please visit her Spool of Plenty etsy shop here!



1 comment:

Auroras_Garden said...

Love your stuff Angela! Maylee still plays with the block I got from you for her first birthday. Its always so good to see you at the meetings. I wish we could all get together more, its always so fun!