8.28.2009

Feature Friday: The Pink Needle

Today we feature another talented Bluegrass team member, Jessica Brown of the Pink Needle. Jessica's style is cute, whimsical and feminine!


How did you first hear about etsy?

I heard about etsy through the blogging community. I had never even read blogs until I heard about Nie's story (from the Nie Nie Dialogues) and from there I've been hooked.


Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!

I'm Jessica :D I live in Louisville and am the wife to a man obsessed with batman and the mother to a pesky cat named Alfred Kittyworth the First. My favorite craft used to be crochet but recently I've really been enjoying sewing. There's something so wonderful about taking a piece fabric and turning it into something beautiful.


What inspires you to create?

Nothing inspires me more than to see what other people are doing. I love that so many people are taking it upon themselves to make the world a more beautiful place and I love being a part of that.


How long have you been a member of Bluegrass etsy and how did you hear about the team?

I've been a member of the BEST team for about 6 months now and I heard about the team from fellow teammate Spoolofplenty. I was in one of the etsy chat rooms one day and she told me that I should check it out. I'm so glad I did.

Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?

Don't give up! Sometimes it just takes a little perseverance!

*******************

Thanks Jessica!

To see more of Jessica's creations, visit the Pink Needle etsy shop, and check out her musings about life at her blog.

To see more talented artists from the Bluegrass etsy team, go to www.etsy.com and in the search box type teambluegrass. Shop local, shop handmade!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet stuff! I just love that Hello Button! Adorable!

Carmen:)

KimberlyRies said...

Hi Jessica, you know I am a fan. Love your fun and whimsical work!!

Dionne said...

Jessica's stuff is sooo cute! I was lucky enough to win some in a giveaway, and I am telling you - it's gorgeous!